CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect certain personal information from you, including when you:
- Sign up for an account on our website;
- Make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our website;
- Provide reviews, comments and feedback on our website;
- Provide comments, feedback or contact us through the social media accounts we manage;
- Contact us by email or via our website contact forms;
- Subscribe to receive our email newsletters through our website or sign up forms;
- Participate in competitions, giveaways and other promotional activities; and
- Participate in surveys, focus groups and other market research activities.
The information we may collect includes:
- Your name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Billing address;
- Shipping address;
- Payment information (including your card details if a purchase has been made);
- Your order details and order history when you purchase from us;
- Your subscription details when you purchase a subscription to our products;
- Social media identifiers; and
- Information you provide in any communications with us.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to fulfill any orders placed through the website, including processing your payment information, arranging shipping, and providing you with invoices and order confirmations.
Additionally, we may use this information to:
- Communicate with you in order to provide a better service;
- Help improve how our business and website works;
- Provide you with email marketing communications and updates about our store, new products and other information relating to our products and services that you may be interested in, which you may opt-out of at any time by contacting email@example.com or by the unsubscribe link in any email newsletter we send to you;
- Carry out market research and product development;
- Keep financial records for financial reporting and accounting purposes; and
- Screen for potential risk and fraud.
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device through cookies. Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. They collect information including your web browser type, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. The information is collected for statistical purposes and your personal identity remains anonymous.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, click here.
HOW WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
At times, we share the information we collect with third-party service providers to help us improve our website and provide better services to you.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Therefore, Shopify hosts the data we collect about you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application, on a secure server behind a firewall. Your data will be stored on Shopify’s servers in the USA.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
We use Google Analytics to generate analytics about how our visitors and customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and promotional campaigns.
MY MATCHA FIX may share your information with other third-party service providers in such categories as:
- Third-parties that provide payment gateways;
- Third-parties that process payments on your behalf;
- Social media and marketing platforms;
- Subscription service providers;
- Live chat support service providers;
- Affiliate marketing networks; and
- Applications and plug-ins that improve the way our business and website works.
In other circumstances, when neccessary, we may need to disclose your personal information to:
- Law enforcement agencies or regulators to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights;
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be shared with the new owners so that we may continue to sell our products to you; and
- In addition, we may need to disclose your information if you violate our Terms of Service.
HOW WE STORE INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take steps to securely store your personal information to protect it from interference, misuse and loss and from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure.
When you place an order through our website, we will maintain your order information for our records unless, and until, you ask us to delete this information.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
We process your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you, such as when you make an order through our website, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
Additionally, please note that your information is transferred to Canada and USA where Shopify and its affiliated companies are based.
If you have any concerns or a complaint about a breach of your privacy, or the way we have handled your personal information, please contact MY MATCHA FIX using the details below with the nature of your complaint.
We will then investigate your complaint and provide you with a response within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response, you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
MY MATCHA FIX
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
PO Box 140
Mount Ommaney QLD 4075
Last updated: 13 August 2019.