How To Make Matcha Tea
Preparing matcha tea is simpler than you think. Follow this step-by-step guide to prepare and enjoy your matcha and matcha blends.
Traditional Japanese matcha tea
When you want to experience matcha tea in tea ceremony style.
- Using a traditional bamboo scoop (chashaku), add a heaped scoop (1 ½ scoops) of matcha powder into a ceramic bowl.
- Pour a small amount of water at 80°C (176°F) into the bowl and whisk into a paste with a traditional bamboo whisk (chasen).
- Add the rest of your desired amount of water and continue whisking until froth forms.
- Enjoy your matcha tea straight from the bowl.
Everyday matcha tea
When you don't have a traditional bamboo whisk or scoop.
- Add ½ teaspoon of matcha powder into a cup or mug.
- Pour a small amount of water at 80°C (176°F) into the cup or mug and stir into a paste using a spoon.
- Add the rest of your desired amount of water and continue stirring until the matcha is dissolved.
- Enjoy your warm cup of matcha tea.
When you want to take your matcha tea out with you.
- Add ½ teaspoon of matcha powder into a glass bottle. Be careful to not use a plastic bottle with hot water.
- Pour your desired amount of water at 80°C (176°F) or cold water into the bottle and shake.
- Enjoy your matcha on-the-go!